Report Pothole


Report the pothole to the relevant council or highways agency – being a “good citizen” and helping other motorists will do your case no harm.Courts generally take a dim view of somcareone who has an accident caused by a pothole but who isn’t public spirited enough to help other people avoid the same happening to them. As soon as possible after your accident, inform the council of the problem. You can find the relevant contact details through the “report a pothole” section of this site. You don’t have to inform them at this stage that you might make a claim, but make sure that you give a good description of the location, that you leave your name and address and keep a record of you having informed them.

You’ll need to establish the ‘type’ of road that your accident occurred on, and who maintains it. Unless you hit a pothole on a trunk road, as local councils are responsible for maintaining about 90% of UK roads, they are the best place to start. If a particular road isn’t their responsibility, they’ll tell you. If it occurred on a private or unadopted road, your claim will generally be against the road owner or the properties on that road, and you’ll probably need professional advice.

Areas covered by our Mobile Alloy Wheel Refurbishment|Repair Service Rotherham:

Rawmarsh, Eastwood, Clifton, Deepdale, Canklow, Wickersley, Bramley, Mexbrough, Swinton, Manvers, Roundwood, Wath, Kimberworth, Brinsworth, Whiston, Dalton.

Please see our FAQ’s and our ” Terms and Conditions”